CFWA Support Services for Adults
We have a range of support services available for adults. For more information about all of these services please get in touch with Kathryn at email@example.com or on 08 6457 7333.
All CFWA adult subsidies can be found on the website at this link. Subsidies are dependent on ongoing funding, so it is recommended that individuals first contact CFWA at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 08 6457 7333 to ensure funding is available.
Physical Activity Subsidy
Available for adults with CF across the whole of WA with a gym, personal trainer or other approved activity of your choice. Subsidies are up to $40 per week or $160 per month, initially for a period of 12 weeks. Subsidies are paid as a reimbursement upon receipt of the activity. For more information click here.
Adult Regional Travel Subsidy
Funded through CFWA fundraising, this subsidy provides financial support to adults living in regional WA who are attending clinic appointments or have a hospital admission at SCGH or FSH. The subsidy is currently capped at $50. For more information click here.
Mental Health Gap Funding
Although Medicare will subsidise counselling sessions there is often still a gap payment of approximately $50. Adults can apply to receive $50 per week as a reimbursement of the session. For more information click here.
– For more information see Mental Health Care Plan & Medicare Rebates
We have a range of community support services available, based on individual needs and assessment. For more information about these services contact Kathryn at email@example.com or on 08 6457 7333.
- Hospital care packages
- Low-level exercise as directed by SCGH physiotherapist
- Support with airway clearance as directed by SCGH physiotherapist
- Cleaning for people on low lung function and struggling to maintain house
- Other duties, such as food shopping as per individual assessment
- Community based social work and counselling
- Regional visits for education and support
Individual Financial Support
- Referral to financial counselling, Centrelink or other agencies as needed
- Foodbank (discounted food relief)
- Coffee Code (SCGH) vouchers (whilst in hospital)
- McDonalds coffee vouchers