Nearly a third of people with CF in WA live regionally. Our aim is to bring equitable services and support across the whole of the state.
Our services team comprise of a physiotherapist, social worker, senior therapist and education coordinator, which means that we can offer diverse services when we come to your community. This can include:
- School and community education sessions; including early learning centres, schools, community groups, workplaces and extended family
- Health professional education including hospital staff and GPs
- Physiotherapy assistance, advice and education
- Counselling and social work support
- Networking opportunities and support of members
- Hospital visits and support when in Perth
If you require support in your area, please contact our Services Manager via email (email@example.com) or on 08 6224 4100.
- Telethon Regional Travel Subsidy – Families of children attend Perth Children’s Hospital clinic appointments/admissions can receive between $100-$150 per visit.
- Adult Regional Travel Subsidy – Adults attending Sir Charles Gairdner or Fiona Stanley Hospital clinic appointments/admissions can receive between $50-$100 per visit.
- Sibling and Offspring Camp Subsidy – Travel subsidy to assist regional children to attend our annual Sibling and Offspring Camp.
See Financial Support for a full list of available subsidies and to apply.
Thanks to Telethon, regional children can access a free portable, battery operated nebuliser to assist with their nebulised medications. Please contact our physiotherapist via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 08 6224 4100 for more information.
Regional Health Professional Training
Our Education Coordinator is available to provide education to health professionals in both metropolitan and regional areas, please contact her via email (email@example.com) or phone 08 6224 4100.
Regional Respiratory Training Program (RRTP)
Our RRTP is an annual five-day program held in Perth designed to train regional nurses and physiotherapists in CF and respiratory care. All costs are covered by the Department of Health.
For more information or to request specific support, contact our Services Manager via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone 08 6224 4100.
Health Professionals Website
We have a dedicated CF website, especially for health professionals learning more about CF. Share this link with your local GP or other health professional. www.cfwa.org.au/health-professionals