CFWA Health Professional Education
We have a range of resources and CF education available for health professionals.
Spirometry Training- Pilbara
CFWA are offering fully funded positions for health professionals in the Pilbara to complete high quality competency-based spirometry training.
When: Saturday 27 May 2023
Where: Karratha Health Campus, 62 Balmoral Road, Karratha
Regional Respiratory Training Program
Our Regional Respiratory Training Program (RRTP) is an annual program held in Perth, designed to train regional nurses in CF and respiratory care.
This course is endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) according to their Continuing Professional Development Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standards.
We are currently accepting expressions of interest for the 2023 course. Click the flyer below to read more about the course:
For more information, contact Sharon Dewar on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 6224 4100.
Onsite Health Professional Education
CFWA health professionals are available to provide onsite education in both metropolitan and regional areas of Western Australia. To organise an education session or for more information, please contact Sharon Dewar on email@example.com or phone 08 6224 4100.
We also have a hard copy booklet of the information provided in this website. To request a hard copy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Physiotherapy Clinical Practice Guidelines (The Thoracic Society of Australia and NZ)
- Australian CF Data Registry 2021 (Monash University)
- WA Newborn Screening Program (Healthy WA)
- CF Carrier Screening Program (CFCC)
- Referral Guidelines for Clinicians (Genetic Services of WA)
- Current and Emerging Comorbidities in CF (Ronan, et al)
- Advance Care Planning for Health Care Workers (Advance Care Planning Australia)
- Advance Care Planning in WA (Advance Care Planning Australia)
- Palliative Care WA
- Pregnancy Outcomes in CF (Lau, et al)
- Outcomes of Pregnancy in Women with CF taking CFTR Modulators (Nash, et al)
- Referral Guidelines for Clinicians (Healthy WA)
- Nutrition Guidelines for CF 2017 (The Thoracic Society of Australia and NZ)
Infection Prevention and Control
- Lung Transplantation in Australia (1986-2018)
- International Committee on Mental Health in CF (CFF and European CF Society)
- Chronic Disease Management: Medicare Funded Services (Australian Psychological Society)