We have a range of resources and CF education available for health professionals.
CFWA Health Professional Education
Regional Respiratory Training Program
Our Regional Respiratory Training Program (RRTP) is an annual five-day program held in Perth, designed to train regional nurses and physiotherapists in CF and respiratory care.
This course is funded by the Department of Health and endorsed by the Australian College of Nursing (ACN) according to their Continuing Professional Development Endorsed Course Standards. It has been allocated 30 CPD hours according to the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia – Continuing Professional Development Standards.
For more information or to request specific support, contact our Services Manager via email (email@example.com) or on 08 6457 7333.
Onsite Health Professional Education
CFWA health professionals are available to provide onsite education in both metropolitan and regional areas of Western Australia. To organise an education session or for more information, please contact our Nurse Educator via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or on 08 6457 7333.
We also have a hard copy booklet of the information provided in this website. To request a hard copy, please email email@example.com.
- Physiotherapy Clinical Practice Guidelines (The Thoracic Society of Australia and NZ)
- Australian CF Data Registry 2017 (Monash University)
- Genetics and CF (Vertex)
- CF Facts and figures (Vertex)
- The Biology of CF (Vertex)
- WA Newborn Screening Program (Healthy WA)
- CF Carrier Screening Program (CFCC)
- Referral Guidelines for Clinicians (Genetic Services of WA)
- Current and Emerging Comorbidities in CF (Ronan, et al)
- Advance Care Planning for Health Care Workers (Advance Care Planning Australia)
- Advance Care Planning in WA (Advance Care Planning Australia)
- Palliative Care WA
- Health Professional Referral Guidelines (King Edward Memorial Hospital)
- Pregnancy Outcomes in CF (Lau, et al)
- Referral Guidelines for Clinicians (Genetic Services WA)
- Outcomes of Pregnancy in Women with CF taking CFTR Modulators (Nash, et al)
- Nutrition Guidelines for CF 2017 (The Thoracic Society of Australia and NZ)
- Australian Standards of Care for CFRD (2016)
Infection Prevention and Control
- Depression, Anxiety and CF: Guide for CF Clinicians (CFF and CFA)
- International Committee on Mental Health in CF (CFF and European CF Society)
- Chronic Disease Management: Medicare Funded Services (Australian Psychological Society)