65 Roses 2022 – Thank You!
Thank you to our amazing supportive community for helping us achieve another hugely successful 65 Roses Day to support people living with CF! Funds are still coming in, but we are very please to announce that we have raised over $108,000 through fresh rose sales, the virtual rose garden, merchandise, and donations.
Thank you to our wonderful CF community for taking up the added challenge of wrapping their own roses before selling them this year to raise funds and to everyone who shared their story, shared their photos, or helped raise awareness by sharing our social posts.
- Wafex who have proudly supported 65 Roses Day for 14 years, and once again supplied the beautiful roses and bouquets for our CF community to enjoy. The event simply wouldn’t be possible without their generous support.
- Dexus and Two Forty for allowing up to create a delightful display of roses in their foyer for 65 Roses Day and for hosting the Channel 7 weather cross.
- Cockburn Gateway Shopping Centre for going above and beyond to help us promote 65 Roses Day within their centre and to their community.
- Metro and Regional Shopping Centres for allowing our community to book your community stalls and sell fresh roses right across WA to raise much needed funds and awareness
- Giant Flowers Australia for supplying the stunning giant paper rose bouquets for the displays at Two Forty and Cockburn Gateway.
- Devahasdin for once again doing a sensational job helping us promote 65 Roses Day and expertly handling the multiple messages to be promoted this year.
Corporate Rose Garden Supporters
Thank you to everyone who created a personal rose garden and planted a virtual rose for CF this May. Thanks to your support, the Virtual Rose Garden has reached over $50,000 in donations! Visit the website to see all of the amazing rose gardens planted in support of people living with CF.
- Dinner Twist
- Pharmacy 777 Mt Hawthorn
- Squire Patton Boggs
- Home Base Subiaco
- South Metro TAFE Events
- South Metro TAFE, lecturers Kylie-Anne Stokes, Elissa Pietras, Ben Tan and the Diploma of Events Management and Certificate III Events students for successfully and expertly managing our shopping centre stalls and even wrapping their own roses this year!
- Curtin University Volunteers (CV!) for hosting a massive rose wrapping day on their campus for the first time and also holding a rose selling stall.
- UWA Micro Volunteering for assisting us with the preparation of the rose wrapping kits making it much simpler and efficient for our families wrapping roses.
- Our volunteer delivery drivers, for brightening up everyone’s day by delivering the fresh roses and bouquets to our CF community.
- Our virtual volunteers, for helping to promote our Virtual Rose Garden and raise much needed awareness for cystic fibrosis.
- The GoFundraise support team and developers for giving our Virtual Rose Garden a refresh and handling the support enquiries
- Centurion Transport for delivering fresh roses free of charge to our CF families in the South West and as far away as Albany for them to sell to their community
- Geraldton Transport for delivering fresh roses free of charge to our CF families in the Geraldton region for them to sell to their community
- Kalbarri Express Freight / Midwest Couriers for delivering fresh roses free of charge to our CF families in Denham for them to sell to their community
Landmarks Lit Red for CF
Thank you to all the metro landmarks lit up red over the week of 65 Roses Day to help us raise awareness of 65 Roses Day and Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month.
- Optus Stadium
- Elizabeth Quay
- Council House
- Trafalgar Bridge
- Matagarup Bridge
- Sky Ribbon Bridge
- The Bell Tower
- WA Police Headquarters
- Mount Street Bridge
- Joondalup Drive Bridge
- Graham Farmer Freeway Tunnel
- Mandurah Bridge
Thank you to all the media channels who promoted 65 Roses Day and helped raise awareness of CF across May. Here are just a few of the media appearances over the month.
- Sky News
- South West Times
- Channel 9 (starts around 29 mins in)
- Bunbury Mail
- Mandurah Mail
- The Couch (starts around 19:10)
- Post News
- SW Times
- The West
- Echo Newspaper
- 6IX Radio (Audio)
- Mandurah Mail
Here are a small selection of photos from the event. Visit our Facebook page to see more.