COVID-19 Member Support
As we enter a 5 day lockdown, we hope you are all keeping well and safe. CFWA are available for support to members during this time.
Contact the Team
CFWA have made the decision to shut the office for the next 5 days, however staff are working from home and still available to contact via email.
- For member support please contact our Services Manager Kathryn on email@example.com or 0419 926 277.
- For home care worker services information and queries please contact our physio Sam on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0414 240 299.
- For general inquiries, please contact our Finance Manager Ric on email@example.com
If you or a loved one needs to get tested, a full list of testing centres is available here. There are now also drive through locations open as of 1st February. No referral or appointment necessary. Click here for more information.
Disposable masks are available for purchase in most pharmacies, grocery stores and many online outlets (if not sold out). If you are unable to source any, there are options to make your own or purchase reusable ones. Here’s a great list of where to buy reusable masks in Perth
If you are stuck, there are some options for a DIY mask in the interim:
Homecare Worker (HCW) Service
We have made the decision to suspend this face-to-face service for the 5 days of lockdown to avoid any possibility of risk while the situation unfolds.
Any airway clearance or exercise sessions which can be conducted remotely are still able to go ahead. Please contact your HCW to organise remote sessions if you are interested.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Sam on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0414 240 299 to discuss.
Counselling and General Support
Mental Health Support
Please contact Kathryn for counselling or general support via email email@example.com or on 0419 926 277. Support is available over the phone or via video call. Our Youth Social Worker Haylee is also available to support young people. Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 305 546.
If you require further support, you can access a clinical psychologist via Telehealth, which the government announced will be bulk billed with your existing or new mental health care plan from your GP.
For further information on Mental Health Care Plans and Rebates, click here.
We also have the following factsheets available:
Until restrictions are further lifted, we are currently unable to provide hospital visits.
School and Community Education
We are still offering education sessions for teachers, sports coaches, friends, family, and anyone else you can think of via Zoom video conferencing and in person where possible. Our sessions can be tailored to suit any need but small overview of some of the information that would be covered during an education session is:
- What is CF
- Symptoms of CF
- Supporting students with CF
- Considerations specific to your child
We understand that many schools and community groups are reducing the number of meetings they host and may not be able to hold an education session. In this case, head over to CFSmart for free CF e-learning modules and heaps of resources.
If your child’s class is ready to learn about germs and handwashing, please get in touch with Maggie at email@example.com for more information.
Health Professional Education
CF education for health professionals can be provided via video conferencing using either Microsoft Teams or Zoom VC platforms .
Member events will be assessed on an individual basis based on government advice and restrictions at the time. Check out our Upcoming Events page for more details.
If you were planning a fundraiser which has been disrupted by the events of this week, please reach out to our fundraising team on firstname.lastname@example.org so they can work out how to best support you and your efforts. There are lots of things CFWA can do and plenty of resources which can help your fundraiser go ahead, even in a lockdown situation.
Fundraising Facebook Group
We’ll be posting any news and updates regarding fundraising to the ‘CFWA Fundraising Community’ Facebook group. To stay up to date with CFWA’s fundraising activities and community fundraising, please join the group by clicking here.
Useful Resources and Links
- Coronavirus Australia App: Real time advice and information about COVID-19 through a free Government app. To download on your phone or tablet, search ‘Coronavirus Australia’ in the Apple App Store or on Google Play
- The Australian Government has also created a WhatsApp group to disseminate information. This new service would allow the Government to directly provide Australians with health advice, updates on lockdown measures and other accurate and timely information. To activate the WhatsApp channel on your phone, visit aus.gov.au/whatsapp to download WhatsApp to your phone (if you don’t already have the app) and launch the new feature.
- COVID-19 National Health Plan (Health Department)
CF and COVID-19
- Coronavirus Update & FAQs (PCH)
- Latest CF-Related COVID-19 Updates (CFWA)
- What You Need to Know About Coronavirus If You Have CF (PCH & SCGH Factsheet)
- Letter to the CF Community From the CF Centre Directors (CFA and Thoracic Society of Australia & NZ)
- Maintaining Good Nutrition for individuals with CF During COVID-19 (Sydney Children’s Hospital)
- Ways to Take Care of Yourself During the Coronavirus Outbreak (CFWA Factsheet)
- Infection Prevention and Control in the Community (CFWA Factsheet)
- Helping Kids through the State’s Snap Lockdown (TKI)
- What is Coronavirus short film (PCH)
- What is Corona Virus: A Kids Guide (Government of WA, Child and Adolescent Health Service)
- My Name is Coronavirus (Mind Heart Kids)
- Time to Come in Bear: A short video for little ones to help explain social distancing in an age appropriate way.
- Hello Friends: A COVID-19 Special (Play School)
- Hand Washing and Germs short films (CFWA)