Vaccinations & Testing
Please note, the COVID-19 vaccine by Pfizer is preferred over COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca in adults aged under 50 years. This recommendation is based on the increasing risk of severe outcomes from COVID-19 in older adults (and hence a higher benefit from vaccination) and a potentially increased risk of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia following AstraZeneca vaccine in those under 50 years.
For more information about the COVID-19 vaccination rollout, click here.
Homecare Worker (HCW) Service
Our HCW service is operating as normal with full personal protective equipment (PPE).
We are also able to run remote airway clearance sessions via Facetime or Zoom with remote families or those who would prefer this method.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email Sam on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0414 240 299 to discuss.
Counselling and General Support
Mental Health Support
If you need support, we can offer this over the phone or in person. Please contact Kathryn for counselling or general support via email email@example.com or on 0419 926 277. Our Youth Social Worker Haylee is also available to support young people. Contact her on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0400 305 546.
If you require further support, you can access a clinical psychologist via Telehealth, which the government announced will be bulk billed with your existing or new mental health care plan from your GP.
For further information on Mental Health Care Plans and Rebates, click here.
We also have the following factsheets available:
We are currently unable to provide hospital visits at this time. Please contact Kathryn on email@example.com or phone 08 6457 7333 if you require hospital support.
School and Community Education
We are still offering education sessions for teachers, sports coaches, friends, family, and anyone else you can think of via Zoom video conferencing and in person where possible. Our sessions can be tailored to suit any need but small overview of some of the information that would be covered during an education session is:
- What is CF
- Symptoms of CF
- Supporting students with CF
- Considerations specific to your child
Head over to CFSmart for more teacher and student resources.
If your child’s class is ready to learn about germs and handwashing, please get in touch with Maggie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Health Professional Education
CF education for health professionals can be provided via video conferencing using either Microsoft Teams or Zoom VC platforms, and in person where possible.
Member events are back up and running where possible, following government restrictions. Check out our Upcoming Events page for more details.
There are lots of ways to get involved in fundraising from anywhere in WA! The Backyard Bootcamp is coming back in April, 65 Roses Challenges are open now and 65 Roses for Cystic Fibrosis will be back in May! Visit our upcoming events page to find out more and get involved.
If your plans for community fundraising have been impacted by COVID-19, please get in touch with our team on email@example.com or 08 6457 7333 to discuss ways that we can support you to run a successful fundraiser.
- 65 Roses Challenge
Date: 1-31 May
Run, walk, cycle, swim and paddle 65kms in May to support the national month of awareness for CF
- 65 Roses Day
Location: All over WA
Date: Friday 29 May
Help us paint WA in fresh roses and raise funds for people affected by CF
Useful Resources and Links
- Coronavirus Australia App: Real time advice and information about COVID-19 through a free Government app. To download on your phone or tablet, search ‘Coronavirus Australia’ in the Apple App Store or on Google Play
- The Australian Government has also created a WhatsApp group to disseminate information. This new service would allow the Government to directly provide Australians with health advice, updates on lockdown measures and other accurate and timely information. To activate the WhatsApp channel on your phone, visit aus.gov.au/whatsapp to download WhatsApp to your phone (if you don’t already have the app) and launch the new feature.
- COVID-19 National Health Plan (Health Department)
CF and COVID-19
- Coronavirus Update & FAQs (PCH)
- Latest CF-Related COVID-19 Updates (CFWA)
- What You Need to Know About Coronavirus If You Have CF (PCH & SCGH Factsheet)
- Letter to the CF Community From the CF Centre Directors (CFA and Thoracic Society of Australia & NZ)
- Maintaining Good Nutrition for individuals with CF During COVID-19 (Sydney Children’s Hospital)
- Ways to Take Care of Yourself During the Coronavirus Outbreak (CFWA Factsheet)
- Infection Prevention and Control in the Community (CFWA Factsheet)
- Helping Kids through the State’s Snap Lockdown (TKI)
- What is Coronavirus short film (PCH)
- What is Corona Virus: A Kids Guide (Government of WA, Child and Adolescent Health Service)
- My Name is Coronavirus (Mind Heart Kids)
- Time to Come in Bear: A short video for little ones to help explain social distancing in an age appropriate way.
- Hello Friends: A COVID-19 Special (Play School)
- Hand Washing and Germs short films (CFWA)